Compressors Air Receivers
- Is every receiver equipped with a pressure gauge and with one or more automatic, spring-loaded safety valves?
- Is the total relieving capacity of the safety valve capable of preventing pressure in the receiver from exceeding the maximum allowable working pressure of the receiver by more than 10 percent?
- Is every air receiver provided with a drain pipe and valve at the lowest point for the removal of accumulated oil and water?
- Are compressed air receivers periodically drained of moisture and oil?
- Are all safety valves tested frequently and at regular intervals to determine whether they are in good operating condition?
- Is there a current operating permit used by the Division of Occupational Safety and Health?
- Is the inlet of air receivers and piping systems kept free of accumulated oil and carbonaceous materials?
Small Business Legal Center Contents