- Are only employees who have been trained in the proper use of hoists allowed to operate them?
- Are only trained personnel allowed to operate industrial trucks?
- Is substantial overhead protective equipment provided on high lift rider equipment?
- Are the required lift truck operating rules posted and enforced?
- Is directional lighting provided on each industrial truck that operates in an area with less than 2 foot-candles per square foot of general lighting?
- Does each industrial truck have a warning horn, whistle, gong, or other device which can be clearly heard above the normal noise in the areas where operated?
- Are the brakes on each industrial truck capable of bringing the vehicle to a complete and safe stop when fully loaded?
- Will the industrial trucks' parking brake effectively prevent the vehicle from moving when unattended?
- Are industrial trucks operating in areas where flammable gases or vapors, or combustible dust or ignitable fibers may be present in the atmosphere, approved for such locations?
- Are motorized hand and hand/rider trucks so designed that the brakes are applied, and power to the drive motor shuts off when the operator releases his or her grip on the device that controls the travel?
- Are industrial trucks with internal combustion engine, operated in buildings or enclosed areas, carefully checked to ensure such operations do not cause harmful concentration of dangerous gases or fumes?
- Are powered industrial trucks being safely operated?