OSHA Handbook for Small Businesses
- Where tires are mounted and/or inflated on drop center wheels, is a safe practice procedure posted and enforced?
- Where tires are mounted and/or inflated on wheels with split rims and/or retainer rings, is a safe practice procedure posted and enforced?
- Does each tire inflation hose have a clip-on chuck with at least 24 inches (6.9 centimeters) of hose between the chuck and an in-line hand valve and gauge?
- Does the tire inflation control valve automatically shutoff the air flow when the valve is released?
- Is a tire restraining device such as a cage, rack or other effective means used while inflating tires mounted on split rims, or rims using retainer rings?
- Are employees strictly forbidden from taking a position directly over or in front of a tire while it's being inflated?