OSHA Handbook for Small Businesses
- Are aisles and passageways kept clear?
- Are aisles and walkways marked as appropriate?
- Are wet surfaces covered with non-slip materials?
- Are holes in the floor, sidewalk or other walking surface repaired properly, covered or otherwise made safe?
- Is there safe clearance for walking in aisles where motorized or mechanical handling equipment is operating?
- Are materials or equipment stored in such a way that sharp projectives will not interfere with the walkway?
- Are spilled materials cleaned up immediately?
- Are changes of direction or elevations readily identifiable?
- Are aisles or walkways that pass near moving or operating machinery, welding operations or similar operations arranged so employees will not be subjected to potential hazards?
- Is adequate headroom provided for the entire length of any aisle or walkway?
- Are standard guardrails provided wherever aisle or walkway surfaces are elevated more than 30 inches (76.20 centimeters) above any adjacent floor or the ground?
- Are bridges provided over conveyors and similar hazards?