Civil Rights Legal Resources
- A Civil Rights Guide to Build a Prosperous America. [PDF] Guide for members, government officials and community leaders to examine the nature of civil rights in their community. From the League of United Latin American Citizens.
- American Civil Liberties Union. Features information on disability rights, immigrants' rights, lesbian & gay rights, prisoners' rights, racial justice, voting rights and women's rights.
- Civil Rights Resource Manual. Title 8 from the U.S. Attorneys' Manual. From the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Guide to Disability Civil Rights. Provides a summary of federal civil rights laws that ensure equal opportunity for people with disabilities. From the National Council on Disability.
- Leadership Conference on Civil Rights. Provides information and resources on civil rights, including affirmative action, voting rights, housing, welfare and more.
- Protecting Civil Rights: A Leadership Guide for State, Local and Tribal Law Enforcement. [PDF] Examines the experiences of agencies proactively engaged in protecting civil rights as well as those that have come under federally mandated monitoring resulting from investigations of patterns or practices of civil rights violation. Prepared by the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
- U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division. Features newsletters, speeches, statements, FAQs, cases and briefs.
- Unlawful Discrimination: Your Rights and Remedies. [PDF] Covers racial, ethnic, religions and minority violence, fair employment and housing, public accommodations, education and more. From the California Attorney General's Office.
Civil Rights and Discrimination Legal Center Contents