Burglary and Trespass - Basic Economic Offenses
|November 1, 2005||GUIDELINES MANUAL||§2B2.1|
* * * * *
2. BURGLARY AND TRESPASS
§2B2.1. Burglary of a Residence or a Structure Other than a Residence
(a) Base Offense Level:
(1) 17, if a residence; or
(2) 12, if a structure other than a residence.
(b) Specific Offense Characteristics
(1) If the offense involved more than minimal planning, increase by 2 levels.
(2) If the loss exceeded $2,500, increase the offense level as follows:
(3) If a firearm, destructive device, or controlled substance was taken, or if the taking of such item was an object of the offense, increase by 1 level.
(4) If a dangerous weapon (including a firearm) was possessed, increase by 2 levels.
Statutory Provisions: 18 U.S.C. §§ 1153, 2113(a), 2115, 2117, 2118(b). For additional statutory provision(s), see Appendix A (Statutory Index).
1. "Firearm," "destructive device," and "dangerous weapon" are defined in the Commentary to §1B1.1 (Application Instructions).
2. "Loss" means the value of the property taken, damaged, or destroyed.
– 101 –