the destruction or attempted destruction of a structure other than (i) a dwelling, or (ii) an airport, an aircraft, a mass transportation facility, a mass transportation vehicle, a ferry, a public transportation system, a state or government facility, an infrastructure facility, or a place of public use; or (C) endangered (i) a dwelling, (ii) a structure other than a dwelling, or (iii) an airport, an aircraft, a mass transportation facility, a mass transportation vehicle, a ferry, a public transportation system, a state or government facility, an infrastructure facility, or a place of public use; or
(3) 2 plus the offense level from §2B1.1 (Theft, Property Destruction, and Fraud).
(b) Specific Offense Characteristics
(1) If the offense was committed to conceal another offense, increase by 2
(2) If the base offense level is not determined under (a)(3), and the offense occurred on a national cemetery, increase by 2 levels.
(c) Cross Reference
(1) If death resulted, or the offense was intended to cause death or serious bodily injury, apply the most analogous guideline from Chapter Two, Part A (Offenses Against the Person) if the resulting offense level is greater than that determined above.
Statutory Provisions: 18 U.S.C. §§ 32(a), (b), 33, 81, 844(f), (h) (only in the case of an offense committed prior to November 18, 1988), (i), 1153, 1855, 1992, 1993(a)(1), (a)(2), (a)(3), (b), 2275, 2332a, 2332f; 49 U.S.C. § 60123(b). For additional statutory provision(s), see Appendix A (Statutory Index).
1. Definitions.—For purposes of this guideline:
"Explosives" includes any explosive, explosive material, or destructive device.
"National cemetery" means a cemetery (A) established under section 2400 of title 38, United States Code; or (B) under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Army, the Secretary of the Navy, the Secretary of the Air Force, or the Secretary of the Interior.
"Mass transportation" has the meaning given that term in 18 U.S.C. § 1993(c)(5).
"State or government facility", "infrastructure facility", "place of public use", and "public transportation system" have the meaning given those terms in 18 U.S.C. § 2332f(e)(3), (5), (6), and (7), respectively.