Evasion of Military Service - Offenses Involving National Defense and Weapons of Mass Destruction
|November 1, 2005||GUIDELINES MANUAL||§2M5.1|
* * * * *
4. EVASION OF MILITARY SERVICE
§2M4.1. Failure to Register and Evasion of Military Service
(a) Base Offense Level: 6
(b) Specific Offense Characteristic
(1) If the offense occurred at a time when persons were being inducted for compulsory military service, increase by 6 levels.
Statutory Provision: 50 U.S.C. App. § 462.
1. Subsection (b)(1) does not distinguish between whether the offense was committed in peacetime or during time of war or armed conflict. If the offense was committed when persons were being inducted for compulsory military service during time of war or armed conflict, an upward departure may be warranted.
Historical Note:: Effective November 1, 1987. Amended effective November 1, 1990 (see Appendix C, amendment 336).
* * * * *
5. PROHIBITED FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS AND EXPORTS, AND PROVIDING MATERIAL SUPPORT TO DESIGNATED FOREIGN TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS
Historical Note:: Effective November 1, 1987. Amended effective November 1, 2002 (see Appendix C, amendment 637).
§2M5.1. Evasion of Export Controls; Financial Transactions with Countries Supporting International Terrorism
(a) Base Offense Level (Apply the greater):
(1) 26, if (A) national security controls or controls relating to the proliferation of nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons or materials were evaded; or (B) the offense involved a financial transaction with a country supporting international terrorism; or
– 261 –