After a Field Manager has approved an individual as suitable to be a CI, the individual shall be registered with that JLEA as a CI. In registering a CI, the JLEA shall, at a minimum, document or include the following in the CI's files:
- a photograph of the CI;
- the JLEA's efforts to establish the CI's true identity;
- the results of a criminal history check for the CI;
- the Initial Suitability Report and Recommendation;
- any promises or benefits, and the terms of such promises or benefits, that are given a CI by a JLEA or any other law enforcement agency (if available to the JLEA);
- any promises or benefits, and the terms of such promises or benefits, that are given a CI by any FPO or any state or local prosecuting office (if available to the JLEA); and
- all information that is required to be documented in the CI's files pursuant to these Guidelines (e.g., the provision of the instructions set forth in the next paragraph).