A self-incriminatory statement falling short of a complete acknowledgment of guilt.

Source: Judge Advocate General.

Saying that certain facts are true. But not saying you are guilty.

Source: California Courts.

Entry into the United States is authorized by a Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer.  When you come from abroad and first arrive in the U.S, the visa allows you to travel to the port-of entry and request permission to enter the U.S.  Admission or entering the U.S., by non-United States citizens must be authorized by a CBP officer at the port-of-entry, who determines whether you can enter and how long you can stay here, on any particular visit.  If you are allowed to enter, how long you can stay and the immigration classification you are given is shown as a recorded date or Duration of Status (D/S) on Form I-94, Arrival Departure Record, or Form I-94W, if arriving on the Visa Waiver Program.  For more information, go to the DHS, Customs and Border Protection Internet site .  If you want to stay longer than the date authorized, you must request permission from the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Source: U.S. Department of State.