Unreimbursed Public Assistance (UPA)

Money paid in the form of public assistance (for example, TANF or older AFDC expenditures) which has not yet been recovered from the non-custodial parent (NCP).

Source: Office of Child Support Enforcement.

Money paid in public assistance to support a child (like, TANF or AFDC) that a noncustodial parent that was ordered to pay child support has not yet paid back.

Source: California Courts.