Pennsylvania Appeals & Appellate Lawyers
Philadelphia, PA Appeals & Appellate Attorney with 17 years experience
- (215) 567-1220
- Free Consultation
After years of experience as the judicial law clerk to a homicide judge in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Criminal Trial Division, I developed a complete understanding of how the system works, what tactics the prosecuting attorney may use to put you behind bars, and what weaknesses to look for in physical evidence and witness testimony against you.
Lauren A. Wimmer earned her law degree from Rutgers University School of Law - Camden, where she was the Managing...
West Chester, PA Appeals & Appellate Lawyer with 21 years experience
Mr. Haverty also has an extensive appellate practice and has been involved in several significant cases in federal and state courts including, most recently, Wendell v. GlaxoSmithKline, a 9th Circuit decision addressing the admission of expert testimony in cases involving rare diseases. He has authored five briefs as friend of the court for the New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly...
Over the course of my more than 20 years of litigation experience, I have represented businesses, organizations and individuals in lawsuits involving a broad range of substantive areas, including:
* contract law;
* the Uniform Commercial Code;
* partnership disputes;
* disputes among shareholders in closely held companies;
* disputes among members of limited liability companies;
* disputes involving commercial real estate and equipment leases;
* claims involving trusts and estates;
Meyersdale, PA 15552
West Virginia University College of Law
• Pa Supreme Court of Pennsylvania 2012 to Present
• United States District of Pennsylvania for the Western District of Pennsylvania 2012 to Present
• United States District Court District of Maryland 2015 to Present
o Greenbelt Division
o Baltimore Division
• Untied States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
2015 to Present
• United States Tax Court 2017 to Present
• Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board
2012 to Present
• West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals 2011-2012
Bar Pro Hac Vice
• United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida Fort Myers Division
Litigation in Experience Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas
• Allegheny County
• Armstrong County
• Beaver County
• Bradford County
Pennsylvania Appeals & Appellate Legal Aid & Pro Bono Services
Duquesne University School of Law Post Convition DNA Project
Need a lawyer?
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a listing of lawyers, legal aid organizations, and pro bono legal service organizations. Whether you were injured, are accused of a crime, or are merely engaging in everyday affairs that affect your legal rights or property, an attorney can help you resolve problems or prevent new ones from arising.
Here are just a few situations where you might want to seek the advice of an attorney:
- You were injured in a car or truck accident
- You have been arrested and charged with a crime, such as DUI or shoplifting
- You are considering separating from your spouse
- You have been subjected to harassment or other discrimination at work
Use Justia to research and compare attorneys so that you can make an informed decision when you hire your counsel.
It is important to research an attorney before hiring him or her. Be sure to evaluate an attorney's experience (types of cases handled, prior results obtained, etc.). Although prior results are not indicative of the likelihood of success in your case, they can help you make an informed decision.
Also worth serious consideration is the attorney's location, particularly if you will be traveling to visit him or her for consultations.
Finally, research an attorney to see whether he or she has ever been subject to discipline. Although disciplinary actions do not necessarily impact the attorney's competence to handle your case, they may affect your decision whether to hire.
Researching Attorney Discipline