Esmont, Virginia Appeals & Appellate Lawyers
Mr. Kitzmann has been practicing family law for almost twenty years. He has extensive experience negotiating and litigating the full range of family law issues. Mr. Kitzmann's recent representations in the area of family law have involved a divorce involving more than $3,000,000.00 in marital property located in California, Utah and Virginia, litigation concerning the value and distribution of...
I also help persons who are injured by negligent motorists who do not have automobile insurance. (Uninsured Claims)
As a litigator, he has represented clients in all state trial courts in Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia, the Court of Appeals of Virginia, including the full Court of Appeals sitting en banc, and the Supreme Court of Virginia. He has handled cases involving all kinds of intellectual property matters, including trademark, trade secret, patent, and copyright suits or potential suits. His business counseling practice focuses on business formation, intellectual...
I graduated from Christopher Newport University with a B.A. in Political Science, and I graduated...
- Virginia, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
J.D. - 2012
Honors: Moot Court - Team Member, 2010-2011
- Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia
B.A. - 2008
- Shepherd v. Conde, 797 S.E.2d 750 (Va. 2017)
- Chacey v. Garvey, 781 S.E.2d 357 (Va. 2015)
- Land Use and Zoning: Navigate Land Use/Zoning Regulations, Permitting Issues, Disputes and More; National Business Institute,...
Robert handles cases in the areas of employment law, including discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful termination, personal injury, civil rights cases, and commercial matters. His practice also includes resolving and litigating cases arising from business transactions and construction disputes. He also handles matters relating to real estate transfers including claims for breach of purchase and sale agreements, fraud, and...
Need a lawyer?
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a listing of lawyers, legal aid organizations, and pro bono legal service organizations. Whether you were injured, are accused of a crime, or are merely engaging in everyday affairs that affect your legal rights or property, an attorney can help you resolve problems or prevent new ones from arising.
Here are just a few situations where you might want to seek the advice of an attorney:
- You were injured in a car or truck accident
- You have been arrested and charged with a crime, such as DUI or shoplifting
- You are considering separating from your spouse
- You have been subjected to harassment or other discrimination at work
Use Justia to research and compare Esmont attorneys so that you can make an informed decision when you hire your counsel.
It is important to research an attorney before hiring him or her. Be sure to evaluate an attorney's experience (types of cases handled, prior results obtained, etc.). Although prior results are not indicative of the likelihood of success in your case, they can help you make an informed decision.
Also worth serious consideration is the attorney's location, particularly if you will be traveling to visit him or her for consultations.
Finally, research an attorney to see whether he or she has ever been subject to discipline. Although disciplinary actions do not necessarily impact the attorney's competence to handle your case, they may affect your decision whether to hire.
Researching Attorney Discipline