Black Mountain, North Carolina Consumer Lawyers
- Licensed to practice in North Carolina (2000) and Louisiana (2002).
- Admitted to practice in Federal District Court for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina as well as the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- North Carolina State Bar Association - North Carolina Academy of Justice
- American Academy of Justice -28th Judicial Bar - American Bar Association
Juris Doctorate, University of Alabama School of Law, 1999
International Law and Comparative Law, Fribourg University, Fribourg, Switzerland, Summer 1997
B.A., Politics, University of Alabama, 1994
Birmingham, Alabama 1972
PO Box 632
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
University of North Carolina School of Law
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Aug 25, 2006
Condemnation action was excepted from the automatic stay, and the debtor was not entitled to a temporary restraining order to keep the county from continuing with the condemnation.
The county commenced a condemnation action in a state court after the debtor's bankruptcy proceedings had commenced. The debtor contended that the condemnation action was subject to the automatic stay imposed pursuant to 11 U.S.C.S. § 362(a).
Knudson v. Wachovia Bank, N.A.
Oct 04, 2007
State law tort claims were preempted by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Consumer sued defendant bank alleging claims for defamation, invasion of...
Black Mountain Consumer Legal Aid & Pro Bono Services
Pisgah Legal Services Mountain Area Volunteer Lawyers (MAVL) Administered
Need a lawyer?
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a listing of lawyers, legal aid organizations, and pro bono legal service organizations. Whether you were injured, are accused of a crime, or are merely engaging in everyday affairs that affect your legal rights or property, an attorney can help you resolve problems or prevent new ones from arising.
Here are just a few situations where you might want to seek the advice of an attorney:
- You were injured in a car or truck accident
- You have been arrested and charged with a crime, such as DUI or shoplifting
- You are considering separating from your spouse
- You have been subjected to harassment or other discrimination at work
Use Justia to research and compare Black Mountain attorneys so that you can make an informed decision when you hire your counsel.
It is important to research an attorney before hiring him or her. Be sure to evaluate an attorney's experience (types of cases handled, prior results obtained, etc.). Although prior results are not indicative of the likelihood of success in your case, they can help you make an informed decision.
Also worth serious consideration is the attorney's location, particularly if you will be traveling to visit him or her for consultations.
Finally, research an attorney to see whether he or she has ever been subject to discipline. Although disciplinary actions do not necessarily impact the attorney's competence to handle your case, they may affect your decision whether to hire.
Researching Attorney Discipline