Bushnell, Illinois DUI Lawyers
• Former Felony Assistant State’s Attorney, Peoria County
• Former Special Assistant to the Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, D.C.
• Former Judicial Law Clerk, United States District Court, Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
• Former law clerk, United Food and Commercial Workers International Union Washington, DC
• Former Vice President of United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 881, Oak Brook, Illinois.
• Graduated 2nd out of 159 students at John Marshall Law School.
• Author: Picket Line Misconduct; Is Forfeiture of Reinstatement Rights for Purely Verbal Threats Sound?
18. J. Mar. L Rev. 445, 1985.
• Team Member, Wagner Labor Law...
For all of your professional needs, call Ted at 217-525-0520.
For 15 years, I heard driver's license cases as a contractual hearing officer for the Secretary of State (DMV). I previously represented insurance companies defending worker's compensation and personal injury cases. These experiences have provided me with the opportunity to understand how the opposing side thinks and operates.
Reilly has served as a LaSalle County Assistant Public Defender since 2000. He represents clients before the...
Jon worked as an Assistant State's Attorney for Macon County from Spring 2000 until December 2000 at which time...
Utilizing and leveraging her previous experience and knowledge of the criminal justice system, Nrupa primarily practices criminal defense and family law at BRE Law. Nrupa is multilingual, giving her the unique ability to assist clients in Spanish, Hindi, and Gujarati.
Nrupa is a native of the Chicago suburbs. After graduating from high school, she...
DUI Lawyers in Nearby Cities
DUI Lawyers in Nearby Counties
Arrested or charged with a DUI or DWI?
Driving under the influence (DUI) means operating a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs that have impaired a person's mental or motor skills. In most states, a person will be considered "impaired" if they exhibit objective signs of intoxication, or if they have a blood alcohol content of .08 or higher. Many states also have zero tolerance laws for drivers under 21, where any non-zero BAC level constitutes an offense. Most states also hold commercial drivers, such as truck drivers, to a more rigorous standard.
Law enforcement officers use a variety of tests, such as field sobriety tests and breathalyzers, to determine whether a driver is impaired by alcohol. In some jurisdictions, you have a right to refuse some of these tests, but in other jurisdictions you may be required to submit to them. It is important to know the law in your particular state, and to consult a DUI attorney if you are facing charges.
DUI lawyers are criminal defense attorneys focused on representing clients facing DUI/DWI/OWI charges. Each state has different DUI laws. An experienced DUI lawyer will be able to evaluate the case against you and present your options on how to best limit the impact of the charges against you. DUI lawyers also handle related cases such as driver's license reinstatement and DUI record expungement.
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC): The percentage of alcohol in a person's blood.
Field Sobriety Test: Any one of several roadside tests that can be used to determine whether a driver is impaired.
Researching Attorney Discipline