Somers, Connecticut Landlord Tenant Lawyers
• Defense and successful counterclaim of seven-figure federal judgment
• Recoveries in numerous personal injury lawsuits against top rated insurance defense
• CUIPA recovery against insurer for failure to pay cardiopulmonary disability claim
• Initiated, litigated, negotiated and resolved complex commercial litigation of multiple commercial parties
• Start to finish courtside and jury awards in multiple civil rights lawsuits
• Labor and employment recoveries against municipalities and prominent government official
• Successful reversal of lower court ruling on appeal
• Supervised, trained and mentored...
After spending the last twelve years serving clients as the managing member of the Law Office of Lukas J. Thomas, LLC, Attorney Thomas committed to a strategic merger with Owen, Schine & Nicola, PC that will undoubtedly strengthen and expand the legal services and offerings to clients of the firm throughout Connecticut. Attorney Thomas currently serves as the District Attorney for the Georgetown Fire District and has served as Assistant Town Attorney for the Town of...
Need a lawyer?
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a listing of lawyers, legal aid organizations, and pro bono legal service organizations. Whether you were injured, are accused of a crime, or are merely engaging in everyday affairs that affect your legal rights or property, an attorney can help you resolve problems or prevent new ones from arising.
Here are just a few situations where you might want to seek the advice of an attorney:
- You were injured in a car or truck accident
- You have been arrested and charged with a crime, such as DUI or shoplifting
- You are considering separating from your spouse
- You have been subjected to harassment or other discrimination at work
Use Justia to research and compare Somers attorneys so that you can make an informed decision when you hire your counsel.
It is important to research an attorney before hiring him or her. Be sure to evaluate an attorney's experience (types of cases handled, prior results obtained, etc.). Although prior results are not indicative of the likelihood of success in your case, they can help you make an informed decision.
Also worth serious consideration is the attorney's location, particularly if you will be traveling to visit him or her for consultations.
Finally, research an attorney to see whether he or she has ever been subject to discipline. Although disciplinary actions do not necessarily impact the attorney's competence to handle your case, they may affect your decision whether to hire.
Researching Attorney Discipline