Moultrie County, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Mattoon, IL 61938
Saint Louis University School of Law
Mattoon, IL 61938
Southern Illinois University School of Law and University of Illinois College of Law
Our approach to the law and to meeting our clients' needs comes from Jim Ackerman's belief that clients are best served when they are fully informed and engaged in every aspect of their case. Jim is a former prosecutor who handles injury claims and who coaches other attorneys on the finer points of case preparation, taking a case to trial, and the art of handling juries. Jim brings years of legal and courtroom experience to bear on every case.
• Former Felony Assistant State’s Attorney, Peoria County
• Former Special Assistant to the Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, D.C.
• Former Judicial Law Clerk, United States District Court, Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
• Former law clerk, United Food and Commercial Workers International Union Washington, DC
• Former Vice President of United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 881, Oak Brook, Illinois.
• Graduated 2nd out of 159 students at John Marshall Law School.
• Author: Picket Line Misconduct; Is Forfeiture of Reinstatement Rights for Purely Verbal Threats Sound?
18. J. Mar. L Rev. 445, 1985.
• Team Member, Wagner Labor Law...
In his years at K,J&S, Tor learned how to work the Courtroom at the Daley Center, spending most of his days either trying cases or running from floor to floor arguing motions on behalf of his...
Need a lawyer?
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a listing of lawyers, legal aid organizations, and pro bono legal service organizations. Whether you were injured, are accused of a crime, or are merely engaging in everyday affairs that affect your legal rights or property, an attorney can help you resolve problems or prevent new ones from arising.
Here are just a few situations where you might want to seek the advice of an attorney:
- You were injured in a car or truck accident
- You have been arrested and charged with a crime, such as DUI or shoplifting
- You are considering separating from your spouse
- You have been subjected to harassment or other discrimination at work
Use Justia to research and compare attorneys so that you can make an informed decision when you hire your counsel.
It is important to research an attorney before hiring him or her. Be sure to evaluate an attorney's experience (types of cases handled, prior results obtained, etc.). Although prior results are not indicative of the likelihood of success in your case, they can help you make an informed decision.
Also worth serious consideration is the attorney's location, particularly if you will be traveling to visit him or her for consultations.
Finally, research an attorney to see whether he or she has ever been subject to discipline. Although disciplinary actions do not necessarily impact the attorney's competence to handle your case, they may affect your decision whether to hire.
Researching Attorney Discipline