Considerations when choosing a lawyer
- Response and Communication
- Did the attorney or law firm respond promptly?
- Did you get to speak to an attorney directly or with a receptionist?
- Trustworthiness and Compatibility
- Is the lawyer telling you what you want to hear or being straight forward and honest?
- Do you trust his/her advice?
- Are you compatible?
- Professional Experience, Academics, and Community Service
- Has the lawyer handled your specific issue before? If so, what were the results?
- What association and affiliations does the attorney have?
- Which law school did the attorney attend?
- Is the lawyer involved in his or her community?
Researching Attorney Discipline