Carbon Cliff, Illinois Workers' Compensation Lawyers
Jerry received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Paralegal Studies/Pre-law from Southern Illinois University in 2008. Jerry then received his Juris Doctor from Southern Illinois University School of Law in 2011. While in law school, Jerry was a member of...
Reilly has served as a LaSalle County Assistant Public Defender since 2000. He represents clients before the...
• Former Felony Assistant State’s Attorney, Peoria County
• Former Special Assistant to the Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, D.C.
• Former Judicial Law Clerk, United States District Court, Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
• Former law clerk, United Food and Commercial Workers International Union Washington, DC
• Former Vice President of United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 881, Oak Brook, Illinois.
• Graduated 2nd out of 159 students at John Marshall Law School.
• Author: Picket Line Misconduct; Is Forfeiture of Reinstatement Rights for Purely Verbal Threats Sound?
18. J. Mar. L Rev. 445, 1985.
• Team Member, Wagner Labor Law...
Moe’s primary practice areas consist of real estate transactions, criminal law, DUI and traffic cases. His philosophy regarding the practice of law is not only...
Chicago, IL 60602
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Mr. Hasan received his Juris Doctorate and a certificate in Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution* from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2015. Mr. Hasan is licensed to...
Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Nearby Cities
Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Nearby Counties
Injured on the job?
The workers' compensation system attempts to streamline the process for handling work-related injuries and illnesses, such as a loss of limb, back injury, or repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome. The system generally provides fixed remedies to employees suffering from work-related injuries without requiring the employee to prove fault, thereby minimizing the need for litigation and its associated costs. Benefits from workers' compensation insurance may include medical care, temporary disability benefits, permanent disability benefits, vocational rehabilitation, and death benefits.
The workers' compensation system is typically an alternative to filing a civil lawsuit for a personal injury claim, and in most cases, you may not pursue both avenues for compensation for an injury.
A workers' compensation lawyer can help you navigate the workers' compensation system to get the full benefits to which you are entitled. If your injury was caused by someone or something not covered by your employer's workers' compensation insurance, a workers' compensation attorney can help you file a third-party claim so that you get the compensation you deserve.
Sometimes workers' compensation attorneys also handle matters in personal injury or employment law. However, some attorneys also handle workers' compensation matters exclusively.
Cumulative injury: The career total of an employee's job-related injuries resulting in disabilities.
Third-party claim: A legal claim by an employee against a party who is not the employer and whose negligence caused injury during or in the course of employment.
Researching Attorney Discipline