Jacksonville, Illinois DUI Lawyers
Free Consultation! DUI Attorney with Dedication and Expertise! Call for Help!
- (217) 525-0520
- Free Consultation
• Former Felony Assistant State’s Attorney, Peoria County
• Former Special Assistant to the Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, D.C.
• Former Judicial Law Clerk, United States District Court, Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
• Former law clerk, United Food and Commercial Workers International Union Washington, DC
• Former Vice President of United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 881, Oak Brook, Illinois.
• Graduated 2nd out of 159 students at John Marshall Law School.
• Author: Picket Line Misconduct; Is Forfeiture of Reinstatement Rights for Purely Verbal Threats Sound?
18. J. Mar. L Rev. 445, 1985.
• Team Member, Wagner Labor Law...
Utilizing and leveraging her previous experience and knowledge of the criminal justice system, Nrupa primarily practices criminal defense and family law at BRE Law. Nrupa is multilingual, giving her the unique ability to assist clients in Spanish, Hindi, and Gujarati.
Nrupa is a native of the Chicago suburbs. After graduating from high school, she...
Colin graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2017 with cum laude honors and a specialization in Business and Transactional Law. He is licensed to handle legal work in both Missouri and Illinois. While in law school, he interned with the St. Clair County State’s Attorneys office, where he assisted in the felony and special prosecution divisions. He later clerked for...
Arrested or charged with a DUI or DWI?
Driving under the influence (DUI) means operating a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs that have impaired a person's mental or motor skills. In most states, a person will be considered "impaired" if they exhibit objective signs of intoxication, or if they have a blood alcohol content of .08 or higher. Many states also have zero tolerance laws for drivers under 21, where any non-zero BAC level constitutes an offense. Most states also hold commercial drivers, such as truck drivers, to a more rigorous standard.
Law enforcement officers use a variety of tests, such as field sobriety tests and breathalyzers, to determine whether a driver is impaired by alcohol. In some jurisdictions, you have a right to refuse some of these tests, but in other jurisdictions you may be required to submit to them. It is important to know the law in your particular state, and to consult a DUI attorney if you are facing charges.
DUI lawyers are criminal defense attorneys focused on representing clients facing DUI/DWI/OWI charges. Each state has different DUI laws. An experienced DUI lawyer will be able to evaluate the case against you and present your options on how to best limit the impact of the charges against you. DUI lawyers also handle related cases such as driver's license reinstatement and DUI record expungement.
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC): The percentage of alcohol in a person's blood.
Field Sobriety Test: Any one of several roadside tests that can be used to determine whether a driver is impaired.
Researching Attorney Discipline