Consumer & Business Legal Forms

Many legal matters do not need to involve complex courtroom battles and armies of attorneys. Instead, you may be able to resolve them by completing and submitting certain forms to a court or a government agency. These forms vary by state for certain issues, such as getting a divorce, adopting a child, or starting a business. In other situations, such as applying for a patent or a visa, the US government provides standard sets of forms and guidelines.

We have compiled surveys of forms for many common legal matters. These resources provide basic information on the legal requirements that apply to each topic, as well as links to the relevant forms. The majority of the forms are available for free through government or non-profit sites. This page will be updated as more form surveys are completed.

Consumer Forms
  • Divorce Forms - These forms can be used to get an uncontested divorce when your spouse and you agree on all the major issues.
  • Child Custody Forms - These forms can be used to set up child custody arrangements, including parenting plans and decision-making responsibilities.
  • Adoption Forms - These forms can be used to bring a new child into your family or to formalize your relationship with a stepchild.
  • Advance Directives and Living Wills Forms - These forms can be used to set forth medical and end-of-life decisions.
  • Guardianship Forms - These forms can be used to designate a guardian for a child or an incapacitated adult.
  • Name Change Forms - These forms can be used to change the name of a child or adult.
  • Immigration Applications and Forms - These materials can be used to apply for immigrant and non-immigrant visas, citizenship, and other immigration statuses.
Business Forms