OSHA Handbook for Small Businesses
- Are employees who operate powder-actuated tools trained in their use and carry a valid operators card?
- Is each powder-actuated tool stored in its own locked container when not being used?
- Is a sign at least 7 inches (17.78 centimeters) by 10 inches (25.40 centimeters) with bold face type reading "POWDER-ACTUATED TOOL IN USE" conspicuously posted when the tool is being used?
- Are powder-actuated tools left unloaded until they are actually ready to be used?
- Are powder-actuated tools inspected for obstructions or defects each day before use?
- Do powder-actuated tool operators have and use appropriate personal protective equipment such as hard hats, safety goggles, safety shoes and ear protectors?