Marriage and Divorce
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Features articles and publications on marital law.
- Family Law Handbook. [PDF] Covers the legal implications of marriage in Washington state, including prenuptial agreements, ending a marriage, property rights, and spousal maintenance (alimony). From the Washington Courts.
- FAQs About Qualified Domestic Relations Orders. From the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Internal Revenue Services (IRS). Offers tax information for divorce or separated individuals.
- International Family Law: A Selective Resource Guide. From LLRX.com
- Marriage and Divorce. Features press releases, psychology news, and journal articles. From the American Psychological Association.
- Marriage Laws. Table of state statutes on the age of consent to marry, required medical exams, and marriage licenses. From the Legal Information Institute (LII) at Cornell Law School.
- Name Changes on Social Security Number Card. FAQ on how to update the name on your social security card after a legal name change due to marriage, divorce, court order, or any other reason. From the United States Social Security Administration.
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. Covers qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) submitted to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
- Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Spouse (Husband or Wife) to Live in the United States. Provides information for U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who wish to petition for or "sponsor" a spouse (husband or wife) to live permanently in the U.S. From the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Publication 504: Divorced or Separated Individuals. Covers filing status, exemptions, alimony, qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) and IRAs. From the Internal Revenue Service.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Provides information on fiancé and fiancée visas.
Family Legal Matters
- Administration for Children and Families. Offers resources on adoption, foster care, child abuse & neglect, child care, child support and more. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Center on Children and the Law. Legal cases, projects, and other resources that impact children and their families. From the American Bar Association.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway. Offers resources on adoption, child abuse and neglect.
- Child Welfare Policy Manual. Covers AFCARS, CAPTA, Independent Living, MEPA/IEAP, Monitoring, SACWIS, Title IV-B, Title IV-E, and Tribes/Indian Tribal Organizations. From the Children's Bureau.
- Conception, Birth and Paternity in Connecticut. Connecticut laws and resources about birth and conception in the context of gestational agreements, inheritance rights of posthumously conceived children, and other parentage laws. By Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Libraries.
- Connecticut Law About Paternity. Connecticut laws and resources about issues of paternity in the context of inheritance rights, acknowledgement on birth certificates, father's rights, etc. By Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Libraries.
- Family & Safety. Offers resources on domestic violence, child custody and visitation, child support, children's rights, divorce, and separation. From CTLawHelp.
- Office of Child Support Enforcement. Provides assistance in locating parents, establishing paternity and enforcing support obligations. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Paternity Actions in Connecticut. Offers a guide to resources in the law library. By the Connecticut Judicial Branch.
- Private International Law: Family Law. Offers information about international law conventions that pertain to child support and intercountry adoption. From the U.S. Department of State.
- reunite. Offers resources on international child abduction.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Provides information on inter-country adoption.
General Family Law Guides, Associations & Resources
- ABA Guide to Family Law. Online book on premarital and postmarital agreements, marriage, children, divorce, alimony, child support, child custody and visitation. From the American Bar Association.
- Family Law. Repository of links to state statutes about children and marital and domestic relations. From the Legal Information Institute (LII) at Cornell Law School.
- International Academy of Family Lawyers. Association of practicing lawyers who are recognized by their peers as the most experienced and expert family law specialists in their respective countries.